Blog Image

Blog Image

Wednesday 10 December 2014

What Am I Currently Listening To?



Pianos Become the Teeth – Keep You
I’ve never listened to anything from this band before this release so I was thinking it’d be a heavier album but boy was I mistaken. This album had me at the first track “Ripple Water Shine” and kept me until the curtain closer 7 minute track “Say Nothing”. The emotion in this album could really be felt from every note sung, every riff and every drum fill. I loved the sound of this album and each riff and note had a beautiful sound to it and just the entire atmosphere of this album was unbelievable to me. Keep You is a solid release and is filled 10 tracks of passion that can be felt from the first song to the last.


Tame Impala – Lonerism



It’s almost time to close the books on 2014 and I’m just discovering Tame Impala? Yes it’s true, but Tame Impala has been on solid rotation since I discovered this band close to a few weeks ago. I’m most notably been listening to “Lonerism” which is a 2012 release. This band packs some grade A (psychedelic) rock songs with a hint of pop to them. This album is sounds like a nice balance between classic rock and the rock of today. I know if you jam “Feels Like We Only Go Backwards” you’ll be singing along in no time.


Choir Vandals – Darker Things



Choir Vandals is a band that I’d classify as a indie band with a touch of emo, if that makes sense. This seems such a sad album but with the help of catchy choruses this album really packs a nice punch to it. If you really want to feel the ‘feels’ than this is the album that you need to get into your playlist. I've had the 2nd track “The House in the Corner” stuck in my head for probably a few weeks, give it a listen and you’ll probably have the same thoughts. I believe this is Choir Vandals first release so all in all it’s a very solid album from a band that seems have a ton of potential.


Knuckle Puck – While I Stay Secluded



A band called Knuckle Puck…how can I not love this? If you know me than you’d know my obsession with the Disney trilogy The Mighty Ducks. This album is just as catchy as the name of the band and this should be appreciated.  This has been one of the few pop-punk albums that has been able to not only hold my attention but that I’ve found to be a solid release from front to back. This entire album will have you singing alo ng, jumping around and just wanting to have a good time in general. This EP is a must listen too, especially if you a pop-punk listener.


Tokyo Police Club – Forcefield 

 
Forecefield is the newest installment from Canadian indie rock band Tokyo Police Club. This album is such a solid indie pop album. You know an album is good if you can ease past the first track which is nearly 9 minutes long. The album just keeps getting better and better from there. Other personal favorites from this release is the album single “Hot Tonight” and “Toy Guns”. I was lucky enough to see Tokyo Police Club perform about a month ago and the live show was just as good as the album which for me is a MUST. The force is indeed strong with album.

No comments:

Post a Comment